For an enjoyable experience, be sure to bring:
- Something to sleep in (sleeping bag or bed linens & blankets) and a pillow
- Sun protection (hat, etc.) (The weather forecast for Camp Adams)
- A swimsuit (optional)
- Notebook, pencil/pen, etc.
- Extra warm clothing and blankets (it gets chilly in the forest!)
- Light sleeper may want earplugs as cabins are shared.
- A flexible, positive attitude!
If you are planning to do yoga, we suggest bringing the following (if you have them):
- Belt or Strap
- Yoga Mat
- A couple of blankets
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the yoga classes, as we hope to have some extra mats, straps, etc to share.
Our Mutual Raw and Living Spirit Retreat Covenant
We are all committed to support each other in gaining the greatest possible inspiration, information, and experience in order to enable each of us to enjoy a healthful, delightful, and well grounded Raw and Living-Foods lifestyle as a result of having attended this retreat. We are all also committed to having a good time and making sure that everyone else has a good time as well.
In order to do our part as fellow attendees, we agree while at this retreat, (simply by attending this retreat) to:
Treat everyone kindly, and assume honesty and the best intentions on the part of:
- All other attendees.
- Retreat organizers.
- Retreat volunteer staff.
- Representatives of Camp Adams where our Raw and Living Spirit Retreat is being held.
- Take full responsibility (even though a part time entertainment and learning program is offered to them by retreat staff) for the whereabouts, safety and behavior of all minor children we bring with us.
Take full responsibility for messes we make and clean up after ourselves.
Subject no one, even ourselves, to the presence of –
- Guns or other weapons.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs.
- Cooked foods, or animal “food products” of any kind.
- Disregard of safety and conservation rules, such as those pertaining to the camp swimming hole, established hiking paths, and wildlife.
- Theft, fighting, disruptive speaking, and other interpersonal acts of violence.
- Dogs, ferrets, pot-bellied pigs, etc., without prior arrangement.
- Public nudity, public sexual display, or other acts that might arise from differences in our personal social norms.
- Loud talking in sleeping areas after 10 PM. (areas for late night conversation will be designated)
As was said above, attendance at this retreat implies adherence to this covenant. Equally, unwillingness to adhere to this covenant results in an inability to attend the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat. In the event that an attendee is asked to leave as a result of their unwillingness or inability to adhere to this covenant, no refund will be given.